DINNER CLOSE TO CAPACITY (see drinks invite 6:30 p.m.; we can check dinner situation then)
Join fellows and staff of D.W. Reynolds Journalism Institute for dinner on Friday, Oct. 2 7:30 p.m.
- Share with us your project or ideas for helping sustain or morph journalism
- Learn about the RJI Fellows program
WHERE: Café de la Press, 352 Grant Ave., (between Bush & Sutter streets) (415) 398-2680
WHEN: Sit down at 7:30 p.m., Fri., Oct. 2
WHAT: Dinner at a small bistro-style French restaurant VIEW MENU PDF
OPTIONAL: Join us pre-dinner at 6:30 p.m. at Rouge Et Blanc, 334 Grant St., a Nob Hill wine bar owned by and two doors from Cafe de la Press. It's The MediaShift TweetUp@ Route Blanc, with Mark Glaser of MediaShift with your first drink on Mark. No reservation for drinks, but please email Bill Densmore if you're joining us for dinner at 7:30 p.m. next door at Cafe de la Press.
A priority is to get a little bit away from Union Square, which is touristy, but have it still be possible for hardy folks who want a little exercise to walk to dinner. The restaurant is eight blocks -- 3/4-mile, a 15-minute walk or five-minute cab ride -- from the hotel. Here's a Google map with directions.
- Tanja Aitamurto, blogger/research on journalism innovation, Stanford University, San Francisco
- Jacqui Banaszynski, 2009-2010 Fellow, Reynolds Journalism Institute, Columbia, Mo.
- Clyde Bentley, 2009-2010 Fellow, Donald W. Reynolds Journalism Institute, Columbia, Mo.
- Liza Boyd, editor, BayNewser.com, San Francisco
- Jane Briggs-Bunting, Professor, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI
- Serena Carpenter, Researcher/Professor/Arizona State University, Phoenix, AZ
- Carole Christie, communications director, Reynolds Journalism Institute, Columbia, Mo.
- Jeff Vander Clute, president, CircLabs Inc., Palo Alto, Calif.
- E.G. Cole, writer, San Francisco, Calif.
- Larry Daily, University of Nevada-Reno
- Bill Densmore, 2008-2009 RJI Fellow, director Media Giraffe Project, co-founder CircLabs Inc., Williamstown, Mass.
- Nancie Dodge, Instructor, Arizona State University, Phoenix, AZ
- Linda Fantin, director, Public Insight Journalism, Minnesota Public Radio/American Public Media, St. Paul, Minn.
- Fabrice Florin, founder, NewsTrust.net, Marin County, Calif.
- Amy Gahran, news/media consultant and co-editor, [http;//www.rjicollaboratory.org RJI Collaboratory,] Boulder, Colo.
- Mark Glaser, columnist/blogger, PBS-MediaShift, San Francisco
- Mark Hinojosa, interactive-media director, The Detroit News, Detroit, Mich.
- Randi Jesse, Editor, Richmond Times-Dispatch, Richmond, Calif.
- Burt Herman, social network developer, Palo Alto, Calif.
- Pamela Johnson, executive director, Reynolds Journalism Institute, Columbia, Mo.
- Suzie Katz, president/founder, [photowings.org PhotoWings.org,]
- Katie Kemple, communications manager, Public Media's Economy Story, Arlington, Va
- Kevin Koehler, student, Wake Forest University and co-founder, CoPress.org
- Kirk LaPointe, Managing Editor, The Vancouver Sun
- J.D. Lasica, founder, SocialMedia.biz, San Francisco
- Beth Lawton, manager, digital media, Newspaper Association of America, Arlington, Va.
- Andrew Lih, USC Annenberg School of Journalism, author of The Wikipedia Revolution 
- Meghan Louttit, producer, WashingtonPost.com, Arlington, Va.
- Pamela MacLean, Senior Editor, RedwoodAge.com, Marin County, Calif.
- Logan Molen, chief operating officer and digital media overlord at The Bakersfield Californian.
- Tom Murphy, founder-EIC, Newswire21.org; founder-EIC RedwoodAge.com; SF Bay Area.
- Steve Myers, managing editor, Poynter Online, The Poynter Institute, St. Petersburg, Fla.
- Chris O'Brien, director, NextNewsroom.org,columnist, San Jose Mercury News, San Jose, Calif.
- Dan Pacheco, social networking / journalism guy (Bakotopia etc.) and founder of Printcasting
- Barry Parr, editor-publisher, Coastsider.com, Montara, Calif.
- Powers, Kat, managing editor-metro unit, GateHouse Media/Wicked Local, Needham, Mass.
- Rafter, Michelle, business blogger, Portland, Ore.
- Reily, Sean, Reynolds Journalism Institute fellow 2009-2010 / director, editorial business and planning, Los Angeles Times, Los Angeles
- Carol Schwalbe, Professor, Arizona State University, Phoenix, AZ
- Leslie-Jean Thornton, Professor, Arizona State University, Phoenix, Ariz.
- Lisa Pickoff-White, multimedia producer, California Watch, Berkeley, Calif.
- Suzanne Yada, copy editor and journalism student, San Jose State University