Describing the InfoValet Project in 25 words (well almost 25)
As a group, here are some of the ways we defined what we mean by a shared-user network, which was being called the Information Valet Service
If you sign up as an IV customer, you get control of where your private information goes. It will help connect you with content that is tailored to you and your needs.
If you sign up as an IV customer, your time using the web will be more rewarding and IV will take away anxiety about identity theft and other use of information about you.
A trust-provisioning service that allows consumers to safely connect to opt in information and commerce services on the web.
A permission-based public ecosystem assuring privacy allowing you in a trustworthy way to share personal information so that content providers and partners can provide you with content, applications and incentives tailored to you and your needs.
An ecosystem that allows users to seek and providers to supply trustworthy and customized information to advance toward the seeker’s goal in ways that respect privacy and foster a public good.
IVP is an information EZ pass that protects your privacy and allows advertisers to pay for your attention as you navigate the web. It gives you access to valuable information of personal interest.
Synthesis version (credit Steve Mott)
A computerized, community-based ecosystem that enables consumers to opt-in to convenient, secure and private information exchange with trusted providers of online content, products and services where the relationship value of the consumer is captured and married to optimized positioning of seller offerings.
- Enrollment/registration processes that screen (and protect) users
- Creation of secure credential with user-set privacy levels
- Downloadable(?) single sign-on capability for participating sites
- User-created and updatable profiles of preferences, interests and demographics
- Certification of trusted providers and participants
- Ability to match dynamically-specified buyer interests with customized seller offerings
- Transparent payment capability with user-specified ways to pay
- User-defined rewards that can be collected among user-specified provider participants
- Visa-like payment engine/network/capability to slice-and-dice payments, establish and enforce rules, handle problems, service customers, provide reports, administer licenses/IP, etc.