What are the benefits to advertisers?
- True third-party validation of Web usage
- The Clickshare Transaction Logging Facility maintains a separate
transaction record for each access off-site and out of the control of
the originating server. Clickshare is not dependent on the integrity
of local server logs.
- Systemwide identification of individual users
- Clickshare-enabled users have a globally unique identification number
which is valid throughout the Clickshare universe. Full differentiation of
"eyeballs" is possible. Access periods are also segemented into "sessions"
(which are "enforced" by a well-specified limit on authentication validity).
- User-centric (not site-centric) tracking
- Access records are stored at the Clickshare Transaction Logging
Facility keyed by global user ID and home publisher/provider ID. The
path of single user's access to any Clickshare-enabled
site during any given access session is easily accessed. Currently, this
multi-site log is aggregated in real-time.
- Usage data aggregated independent of demographic data
- Clickshare Corporation maintains no permanent database of users or their
demographic information. Usage of any Clickshare-enabled service is tracked
by anonymous (but globally-unique) identifier, keyed to the provider who
maintains the billing relationship with that user.
- User validated by credit relationship
- The "financial architecture" of the Clickshare Service provides a high
likelihood that users of the service are "credit-qualified". This reduces
the likelihood of "phantom" users.
- The Clickshare Service provides a well-defined Test Drive User
service class for users who wish to try the service on a demonstration basis.
usage by such users is tracked in a similar fashion.
- "Local Control" of Demographics, topic interests enabled
- The user's home publisher/provider controls access to the user's
demographic information by third parties, with consent of the user.