From IVP Wiki
- A system that auto-curates social media (Twitter, Google+, Facebook etc.) to provide topic advice from experts as judged by the crowd in order to spark insight and action. Champion: Brad DeGraf.
The Insight Into Action Engine is a tool / process for communities and the media that cover them.
It allows invited curators to:
- Efficiently follow the zeitgeist of the community (e.g. a 'newswire' of aggregated real-time web activity)
- Engage with each other, converse, and focus attention around specific stories that curators are interested in.
- Surface those stories that are most actively discussed/reinforced.
- Propose one or more 'calls to action' as a consequence of a particular story (e.g. raise money for further investigation, air the story on television ....)
Our initial vision is to rapid-prototype it by plugging together existing components:
- The invited curators would be bootstrapped using the Public Insight Network.
- The 'zeitgeist/newswire' would be provided using Sociative's R88R ('radiator') technology which distills hourly feeds, ranked for relevance, of the activities of those real-time web users who are most relevant to the community.
- The engagement/conversation would be a simple commenting system attached to every story in the newswire
- The most important stories would be surfaced by simple heuristics for 'trending' such as most heavily and recently commented on
- The 'call to action' for a story could be a link to a fundraising page on Spot.us, or a 'contact us' form that media producers could give curators to suggest stories to cover.
Below is an example of a newswire related to 'Food'. The influencer bar across the top shows the 'Food' influencers being watched/aggregated.