Links to various websites in the local online news/community building world
Here are some websites which are working to help grow the local online news/community world. Persephone Miel (with a little help from Bill Densmore) compiled this during the Nov. 20, 2008 phone call of the Journalism That Matters "stewards." This site may be edited by any viewer to add additional information.
- The New Nieman Lab site at Harvard's Nieman Foundation:
- (Josh Benton)
The Nieman Journalism Lab is a collaborative attempt to figure out how quality journalism can survive and thrive in the Internet age.
- The New News Media site at Reynolds Journalism Institute/
- Missouri School of Journalism (Margaret Duffy / Esther Thorson)
Connecting people who have solutions for community journalism in the digital world.
- J-Lab, Institute for Interactive Journalism, at American University
- (Jan Schaffer)
J-Lab helps journalists and citizens use digital technologies to develop new ways for people to participate in public life with projects on innovations in journalism, citizen media, interactive news stories, entrepreneurship, training and research and publications.
- Placeblogger.com, created by Lisa Williams
Placeblogger is a site where you can search for local sources of news, information, and community near where you live, work and travel.
- You're a journalist who wants to build your skills, serve your
community, and advance your career. We're here to help.
- We Media is a web site, a community, a conference and a global movement to make the world better through media.
- A new initiative aimed at helping to enable and encourage grassroots media, especially citizen journalism, at every level.
The Citizen Media Law Project at the Berkman Center at Harvard University
- The Online News Association
Persephone Miel skype: fonchik www.mediarepublic.org