From IVP Wiki
- 1 PRIVACY . . . ADVERTISING . . . COMMERCE . . . PERSONALIZATION
- 2 Blueprinting the Information Valet Economy
- 3 WHO'S COMING
PRIVACY . . . ADVERTISING . . . COMMERCE . . . PERSONALIZATION
Blueprinting the Information Valet Economy
Here's the growing list of who's planning on coming to "Blueprinting the Information Valet Economy" (or participate in IVP's development)
- Ashley, Seth, graduate researcher, Negotiating Privacy in the 21st Century, Missouri School of Journalism, Columbia, Mo.
- Bladine, Jon ("Jeb"), president/publisher, News-Register Publishing Co., McMinville, Oregon
- Blinder, Mike, principal, The Blinder Group New Port Richie, Fla. (online advertising strategies)
- Bentley, Clyde,convergence professor, Missouri School of Journalism, Columbia, Mo.
- Brown, Jessica Z., director, Gateway Media Literacy Partners, St. Louis, Mo.
- Bursch, James A., MyMindShare Inc., Manhattan Beach, Calif.
- Carner, Dorothy, head librarian, Missouri School of Journalism, Columbia, Mo.
- Chase, Steve, manager, business development, Frank N. Magid & Associates, Des Moines, Iowa
- Clark, Beth C., Clark Publishing LLC, Quad Cities, Ill.
- Clark, Bruce T., Clark Publishing LLC, Quad Cities, Ill.
- Coney, Lillie, associate director, Electric Privacy Information Center, Washington, D.C.
- Cook, Michael, professor, University of Missouri (expert on co-ops and alternative corporate forms)
- Eskelsen, Todd R., partner, Schiff Hardin LLP, Washington, D.C.
- Fancher, Michael, 2008-2009 RJI Fellow, former exec. editor, The Seattle Times
- Gafke, Roger, emeritus professor, electronic journalism, D.W. Reynolds Journalism Institute, Univ. of Missouri
- Garretson, Kim, principal, Realist Ventures & Advisory Services, Minneapolis, Minn. (participating)
- Francis, Harriet, technology licensing attorney, Univ. of Missouri, Columbia, Mo.
- Hart, Jonathan D., member, Dow Lohnes PLLC, Washington, D.C. (counsel, Online News Assn.)
- Johnson, Pam, director, Donald W. Reynolds Journalism Institute, Columbia, Mo.
- Kussmaul, Wes, founder Delphia Internet Service, Weston, Mass.
- Kolsky, Charles, vp-business development, TownNews.com, Moline, Ill.
- Lawton, Beth, manager, digital media, Newspaper Association of America
- Langeveld, Martin, blogger, News After Newspapers, Brattleboro, Vt. (ex-daily publisher)
- Lerner, Richard, CEO, Clickshare Service Corp., Amherst, Mass.
- Mason, Debra L., Center on Religion, the Professions and the Public, Columbia, Mo.
- Mensing, Donica H., professor, Reynolds School of Journalism, Univ. of Nevada-Reno
- Mott, Steve, principal, Better By Design, Stamford, Conn. (ex-senior VP, electronic commerce, Mastercard Corp.)
- Osder, Elizabeth, principal, The Osder Group, (former Yahoo director, local/social media)
- Peters, Chuck, president/CEO, Gazette Communications, Cedar Rapids, Iowa (tentative)
- Picht, Randy, bureau chief, The Associated Press, Kansas City, Mo.
- Plotkin, Hal, founder, Center for Media Change, Inc., editor, ReelChanges.org, fiscal sponsor, Spot.US
- Saltz, Howard, vp-content development, MediaNews Group Interactive, Denver, Colo.
- Schermer, Greg, vp-interactive media, Lee Enterprises, Davenport, Iowa
- Searls, Doc, director, Vendor Relationship Management Project (Project VRM), Berkman Center, Harvard Univ., Cambridge, Mass.
- Soloski, John, professor, Grady College, University of Georgia, Atlanta, Ga. (newspaper economics expert)
- Shackelford, Tiffany, Phase2 Technologies, Alexandria, Va. (former Online News Assn. director)
- Sims, Norman, professor/principal investigator, The Media Giraffe Project, Univ. of Mass., Amherst, Mass.
- Spencer, Jim, founder, Newsy.com, Columbia, Mo. (founding vp, Ask Jeeves/MSNBC)
- Stites, Tom, The Banyan Project and consulting editor, Center for Public Integrity, Washington, D.C.
- Sussman, Emily, founder, Carpe Media, Columbia, Mo.
- Thompson, Matt, Reynolds Journalism Institute fellow 2008-2009, Columbia, Mo.
- Vander Clute, Jeff, founder, Avanoo Inc., Semantic Computing Framework, San Francisco, Calif.
- Ward, Richard, CEO, CentraMart, Kansas City, Mo.
- Westphal, David, USC-Annenberg School for Communications, Los Angeles (former McClatchy Washington, D.C. bureau chief)
- Wilkins, Lee, professor, Missouri School of Journalism, and director, RJI Privacy Study
- Fuerst, Mark, principal consultant, Integrated Media Association, Rhinebeck, N.Y. (public-tv affiliates)
- Kramer, Staci, editor, PaidContent.org, St. Louis, Mo.
- McBride, Kelly, the Poynter Institute, St. Petersburg, Fla.
- Lucas, Charlotte-Anne, professor, University of Nevada-Las Vegas
- Rush, Tonda, attorney, former CEO, National Newspaper Association, Kansas City, Mo.
- Weaver, Howard, vice president-news, The McClatchy Co., Sacramento, Calif.
ADVISORS (in formation)
- Crouch, Dennis, associate professor, University of Missouri Law School, Columbia, Mo. (expert on patents and electronic commerce)