From IVP Wiki
- 1 PRIVACY . . . ADVERTISING . . . COMMERCE . . . PERSONALIZATION
- 2 Blueprinting the Information Valet Economy
- 2.1 Building a collaborative, shared-user networkDecember 3-5, 2008Reynolds Journalism InstituteColumbia, Missouri
- 2.2 KEY PARTICIPATION LINKS
- 2.3 BACKGROUND AND IDEAS
- 2.4 OTHER BACKGROUND LINKS
PRIVACY . . . ADVERTISING . . . COMMERCE . . . PERSONALIZATION
Blueprinting the Information Valet Economy
Here are key links and reference resources for participation in "Blueprinting the Information Valet Economy."
KEY PARTICIPATION LINKS
- The program: http://newshare.com/wiki/index.php/Blueprint-program
- Related resources: http://newshare.com/wiki/index.php/Blueprint-resources
- The Twitter stream: http://twitter.com/infovalet
- The live video stream: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/infovalet
- The #Infovalet Twitter tag feed: http://search.twitter.com/search.atom?lang=en&q=%23infovalet
- The RJI Fellows Google Groups: http://grouhttp://groups.google.com/group/rji-fellows/
- The Information Valet Project blog: http://www.informationvalet.org
- Use the tag "ivpblueprint" to tag any photos you shoot
BACKGROUND AND IDEAS
Key discussion topic: Organizing the IVP
- An initial challenge faced by the IVP is to construct an ownership form for the shared-user network which will be stable, fundable and yet not subject to the challenges of either charitable or Wall Street control. Vermont attorney Tom Moody is among legal scholars advancing the "L3C" as a possible solution.
The MIT gathering report
- In June, 2007, Bill Densmore, of the Media Giraffe Project and Henry afasfasdf, at MIT, convened a one-day discussion among a dozens scholars, entrepreneurs and news-industry veterans to talk about what might sustain journalism in a web-centric world.
READ THE SESSION REPORT: http://mediagiraffe.org/mit
Iowa-based news CEO's blog on innovation
- Chuck Peters is CEO of the company which owns the Cedar Rapids Gazette plus printing and other subsidiaries. He'll be joining us at "Blueprint" and he's been following and seeding innovation in the former newspaper industry. Here's his blog. Peters attended a 50-executive summit at the American Press Institute and covered it live with Twitter.
PETERS' BLOG: http://cpetersia.wordpress.com
Former Massachusetts publisher's News after Newspapers
- Martin Langeveld was the No.2 person at the family-owned Berkshire Eagle for more than a decade, then publisher of two MediaNews Group Inc. dailies. He writes his blog from near Brattleboro, Vt.
Transforming newspapers: Unified technology needed
- "To be audience-centric, newspapers need to find a unified technology that helps them to get to know their readers from every interaction that they have . . . ," writes Don Oldman in a Nov. 26, Newspapers & Technology column.
OTHER BACKGROUND LINKS
- LINK TO SUMMIT HOME PAGE
- WHO'S PARTICIPATING: http://tinyurl.com/62yazu
- KEY BLOG: http://tinyurl.com/6nbz9q
- NEWS (pdf): http://newshare.com/blueprint.pdf
- MORE NEWS: http://tinyurl.com/6jtjpr
- SLIDESHOW: http://tinyurl.com/569au7
- CONCEPT VIDEO: http://tinyurl.com/6zguf8
- NINE-MINUTE VIDEO: http://tinyurl.com/5k8qw8
- ABOUT REYNOLDS: http://tinyurl.com/6zkzr4
- FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid33838408751
- TWITTER: http://twitter.com/infovalet
- RSS FEED: http://feeds.feedburner.com/infovalet