Publisher/system vendor benefits:
- Publisher "owns" users
- User demographic data local; page-access data systemwide.
- Distributed information, copyright
- Information resides locally; available globally; copyright preserved
- Shared transaction settlement automated
- Near-automatic sharing of users/revenues with other publishers
- Audience-measurement facility built in
- Provides "identifiable user," apples-to-apples measurement for multiple enabled sites
- System architecture scalable
- Authentication/tracking/settlement backend
expands to redundant, worldwide servers
- Multi-vendor, multi-source elements
- Serving, database, billing, settlement, audience-measurement, content.